Featured from £600 Per night
A large house with pool & hot tub, perfect for family groups & accessible for wheelchairs. You’ll love this stunning, contemporary country property with an alpine feel. It has an indoor pool, outdoor hot tub and breath-taking views in a rural location yet close enough to village facilities and even the city of Canterbury.
Set in a beautiful rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the picturesque Elham Valley, taking full advantage of the exceptional location, this large house with pool & hot tub is built on a curve to form the arc of a circle in relation to adjoining countryside. With its west facing aspect, the house is flooded with light and also enjoys exceptional views to the north and south which, for a property so conveniently situated to Canterbury and the M20, is a rare attribute.
- Bedrooms and Bathrooms Ground floor: 1 Super kingsize bedroom (Can be split to form twin beds) En suite shower room. Floor to ceiling windows to the front offering panoramic views over the surrounding countryside. Suitable for wheelchair access. 1 Super kingsize bedroom (Can be split to form twin beds) Bathroom shared with one other bedroom.Suitable for wheelchair access. 1 cosy double bedroom sharing the above bathroom. First floor: 1 Super kingsize bedroom with ensuite bathroom and windows on two sides affording those fab views. 1 Super kingsize bedroom (Can be split to form twin beds) En suite shower room and windows on two sides affording those fab views. Ground floor w.c.
- Living Areas The View has a wonderful semi – open plan living space comprising a spacious sitting room with 2 very large sofas and 2 bean bag style additional seats, floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic views of the Elham Valley, and amazing ceramic Danish wood burner, 55″ flat screen TV, Sonos music system and interesting light fitments. This room flows into the dining area which comprises a dining table seating 6-14 as it is extendable. Adjacent to the dining area is a brand new kitchen with 2 fridge freezers, dishwasher, 6 burner gas hob, 2 double electric ovens, double sink and kettle tap. The worktops are in a lovely ‘leathered’ granite and the kitchen is very well equipped. Suitable for wheelchair access.
- Swimming Pool There is a heated indoor swimming pool (can be locked for child safety) situated at the end of the corridor of ground floor bedrooms. Two of the bedrooms have large picture windows overlooking the pool. The pool has french doors leading to a sun terrace equipped with seating and sun beds.
- Outside The View is nestled into the hillside with glorious view from most windows. There is a patio area immediately outside the kitchen/dining area with a very private seating area, charcoal BBQ and the same exceptional views There is also an area of grass here. (wooden Children’s climbing frame). Leading from this area is a strip of patio and grass to the whole front side of the house and wrapping around the other end of the property. Here you will find a slightly larger area of lawn, the hot tub and an out-building. This room houses a table tennis, football table, sauna and seating area. There is a lockable gate that will take you straight into open fields and on the the Elham Valley Way.
See OUT AND ABOUT tab for information about the area and things to do. See Concierge for ideas and contacts for services you can arrange at the property such as a chef or pamper session.
- Area Highlights There can be few places as tranquil as Kent’s Elham Valley that are so easy to reach and offer such a range of activities. Enjoy a walk in the unspoiled countryside followed by a pub lunch at one of the many charming village pubs. Breathe in the fresh air, drink in the views and feel yourself relax. The Elham Valley Way, a 21 mile promoted footpath, passes over fields and through woods and villages, it therefore provides a wondeful encounter for the long distance walker. The Way largely traverses the track of the old Canterbury – Folkestone Elham Valley Railway which closed in 1947. The pretty village of Elham hosts some wonderful historic houses of Kent together with welcoming pubs, and log fires in the winter. There is so much to see and do in the area surrounding THE VIEW and much of this is outlined in the OUT AND ABOUT tab on the main menu. Additionally, The View is very close to the coast and great beaches that can be found in Folkestone, Hythe, Dymchurch, Greatstone, Littlestone, Greatstone and St Mary’s Bay.
- week day price: from £600/night
- weekend price: from £800-£1200/night
- weekly price: £3500-£6000
- sleeps: 10 (+2)
- beds: 3 x super king/twins, 1 x super king, 1 x double
- bathrooms: 3 ensuite, 1 family bathroom, ground floor w.c.